Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Sacrificing everything to give priority to waiting for returnees than welcoming newcomers

Some days ago, I decided to sell most of my book collection.
It was because I judged that the value of books has changed due to the spread of the Internet and the decline of the global academic level in recent years, in addition to the need for immediate money.
As a result, my collection had many specialized books that did not fit the needs of the town's shopping street, so it did not mean to sell as many books as I thought.
However, the student who saw I indicated household goods other than books one by one and told the purchasing shop owner "This can be sold. That can also." seemed to have received a lot of shock.

The students who have remained here by me all the time while the number of students has decreased in a disappointing way have known that I have given priority to waiting for the students who will return despite reluctantly leaving more than welcoming new students.
I think that this time it was an opportunity to symbolically show that I have sacrificed everything for that purpose.
And I said to them.
"You can be sure that your teacher makes it for you just like did for them."

I have been telling things like it is quite natural as a teacher and a leader, not to be awesome, that Janusz Korczak did for his students.
I think that I could show a little that it is not just a word.





For reference:

No comments: