Tuesday, November 6, 2018

As the midnight moon disappeared behind a cloud

A few days ago, a Turkish friend of mine suddenly visited my house after a long time.
He said he sent messages to me on Facebook.
Unfortunately, as the Japanese proverb of "A poor man has no time to spare.", I have little time to look at SNS for now....orz
Anyway, I was delighted to see the reunion after a long absence.
On the other hand, I felt regrettable that my situation would have been better.
However, he went out after saying that he would place the car in the proper place, and then he did not come back.
I could not get in touch with him.
I felt like one of famous classical Japanese poems.
Meguri-ai te Mi shi ya sore to mo Waka nu ma ni Kumo-gakure ni shi Yowa no tsuki kana

I met you by chance but you hurried back before I don't make sure that you are my old friend, as well as the midnight moon I came across disappeared behind a cloud before I recognize it.

---- Ogura Hyakunin Isshu Poem number 57 by Murasaki Shikibu



For reference:
For reference:

No comments: